At the Show...
Programs, dates and artists are subject to change without notice. If an event at GCT has been cancelled or postponed, any changes will be communicated via telephone (if time permits), on our Facebook page, and Newsletters.
Free Parking is available on the GCT grounds, behind the Bonnie Robinson Rehearsal Hall building and across the street in the shopping center parking lot. GCT has accessible parking spots for patrons with disabilities. Accessible parking spots are located on the south side of the building and are on a first-come, first-serve basis. Ramps are available directly in front of the building.
GCT offers accessible seating in the facility in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Accessible seating including companion seats are available on the front row only. Accessible seating may be purchased by phone, or in person on a first-come, first-served basis. Please know that companion seats are open to the public, so the earlier you reserve the more likely you are able to seat your companions beside you. Patrons please inform the box office of any mobility needs at the time of ticket purchase.
Restrooms are located off the lobby including an ADA certified restroom.
Seating capacity is 98. Two of these are empty spaces for wheelchair access seating.
Listening aid devices are not available at GCT.
Due to fire codes, everyone (including infants) must have a ticket for a designated purchased seat. There are no exceptions. Children should be able to sit in a seat quietly throughout the performance. Unless a performance is clearly geared to children, GCT recommends against bringing babies and young children (under three) to performances. Parents are advised to use their discretion when purchasing tickets for children.
Additionally, we ask patrons to comply with the following:
- GCT prohibits outside alcohol, food or drink in the building unless prior permission is granted.
- The use of cameras and recording devices is strictly prohibited and may incur a fine.
- The use of tobacco products is not permitted in the building and preferred 20 feet from entrance.
- Latecomers will be seated at an appropriate time in the performance at the discretion of the box office manager on duty.
- During intermission, GCT offers our patrons beverages and snacks at our concession stand.
- There is no specific dress code. While most people “dress up” for evening performances, a number of patrons dress casually whenever they come to GCT.
- Animals are not permitted in GCT. Exceptions include guide, sign and signal dogs to aid patrons with disabilities.
For lost and found requests, please call GCT at 901-453-7447 and leave your name, telephone number, a detailed message about the item you lost and what performance you attended. If the item is found, we will get back with you as soon as possible.
Ticket Information and Policies
- Tickets may be purchased thru this website by clicking the button above, by phone 901-453-7447 or in person. Box office hours are Tuesday – Friday 12pm – 4pm.
- During show days, the box office is open one hour before showtime.
- GCT accepts all major credit cards including Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.
- Tickets can be purchased or reserved (by members) here.
- Tickets must be paid for upon purchase.
- GCT does not hold tickets on reservation.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- Late patrons may lose their assigned seat and be asked to wait until it will not disrupt the show for them to enter escorted by staff.
- If you are unable to use a purchased ticket, please notify GCT box office at least 24 hours before the performance or you may release it upon arrival with no refund. Tickets may be exchanged to other similar shows or show dates with advance notice of at least 72 hours.
- GCT does not recommend bringing children under the age of 3. Please pay attention to age recommendations as posted per show.
Arts Access patrons: Limited tickets are available and they may be reserved beginning on the Monday of the week of opening. Limit of two per Arts Access patron for eligible productions. Available performance dates are typically the first Saturday & Sunday and the second Friday of a season show run. Reservation requests must be emailed to email@example.com. Requests will be reserved in order of receipt until all tickets allotted have been taken. Reserving tickets and failing to attend without 24 hours prior notice may result in disqualification from the program.