WHEN: July 16th; 1:00pm – 5:00pm
Directed by: Christina Hernandez
Suggested Auditionee Ages: 6th grade-College
WHERE: Germantown Community Theatre
WHAT TO PREPARE:
Auditionees should prepare the following for their individual audition:
- A short comedic monologue. You may use one of the provided show monologues. If you are auditioning for a specific character, please use one of their monologues if listed.
- Vocal Audition: Please prepare a short lullaby, ballad, or sea shanty to sing acapella.It doesn’t have to be perfect or particularly long! We just want to hear your voice with some storytelling!
- Bring an audition form, a headshot, and resume if you have it.
*A note on casting:
- We are looking for a diverse group of ensemble actors who can take on many roles of a variety of ages, types, and genders!
- If you are called back, you will do some cold reads from the script, learn a short song, and may be asked to participate in a movement audition.
*All roles with the exception of Molly (f), Boy (m), and Lord Aster (m) are open to any gender.
A notorious pirate, terrorizing the seven seas in search of a worthy adversary. Heartless, hirsute, and suspiciously well read. Partial to the poetical and theatrical, which causes him to behave quite flamboyantly.
Molly Aster (f)
A young girl and Starcatcher apprentice who is taken aboard the Neverland as precious cargo. Curious and intelligent, she is only beginning to understand the confusing romantic longings that come with her age. She will risk anything for the sake of what is right.
A lonely and hardened orphan who doesn’t miss much. Nameless, homeless, and friendless at the beginning of the play and a hero by the end. He wants a home and a family more than anything, and dreams of a life of being free.
The schoolmaster of St. Norbert’s Orphanage for Lost Boys. Mean and malodorous, he revels in keeping his boys in the dark and malnourished. Optional Doublings include: FIGHTING PRAWN; MACK; SÁNCHEZ.
Molly’s nanny, a stereotypical British cad and outfitted with the duty of teaching Molly about womanhood. She still has enough charm in her age to attract a sailor or two. Optional Doubling as TEACHER.
The vicious orphaned captain of the Neverland. Does not possess the capacity to lead anyone but himself, which puts himself constantly in disaster. Greedy enough to send boys to their doom for the chance of gaining starstuff. Optional Doubling as HAWKING CLAM.
Black Stache’s first mate. He is single-mindedly dedicated to his captain’s every whim.
An orphan, ambitious, hyper articulate, and logical. He yearns to be leader, even when he knows in his heart that he’ll never be one. A bit of a blowhard with a touch of cowardice.
A seafarer, an old sea dog proud of his tenure. His kind heart gives him an appeal to the feminine sensibility.
Lord Leonard Aster (m)
Molly’s father, a loyal subject to the Queen. The very model of a Victorian English gentleman, he is a faithful friend and a secret Starcatcher.
Captain Robert Falcon Scott
Lord Aster’s old school friend, the captain of the Wasp, Britain’s fastest frigate. Lives with nautical bravura and heroic patriotism.
An orphan obsessed with food. A natural performer with easy wit and quite poetic language
Sailors; Seamen; Seafarers; Orphans; Pirates; Mermaids; Mollusks; Narrators