CORONA CAUSES A REVISED GCT
Germantown Community Theatre changes season events due to Corona virus.
Germantown, TN (March 18, 2020) — This morning, the Germantown Community Theatre (GCT) takes precaution of the COVID-19 virus by rescheduling the remainder of their season’s events. They tentatively close their doors considering the CDC’s request to limit large group gatherings. The City of Germantown and GCT’s Board of Directors show full support by adhering to these measures and cancelling or postponing performances, classes and events.
“Germantown Community Theatre will strictly abide with this directive,” announces Teresa Jordan, GCT Board president. “We have shuttered our doors for now but remain available on our website (gctcomeplay.org) for further updates, information and communication. We greatly encourage following the safety measures directed by the CDC and is working diligently to re-direct our Youth Theatre programs and remaining season shows in hope we can make it all happen in future slots. GCT will persevere along with all area Arts Groups to present when appropriate. We thank you for your patience.”
“We hope to reopen and provide the programming our patrons deserve as soon as possible,” adds Executive Director, Brian Everson. “Safety of our patrons and participants in our educational programming is and will always be our top priority. We will have minimal staff on site to prevent exposure to COVID-19, so we encourage all patrons to email us or check our website, www.gctcomeplay.org, for more information.”
Germantown Community Theatre’s changes of events:
- Driving Miss Daisy, March 13-29: Postponed, running June 12-28.
- GCT Backwards: A Cabaret, April 10-19: This show is cancelled with no plans to reschedule.
- GCT Homeschool Courses: Postponed 6-8 weeks. Check with the website or with email@example.com for class resumption date.
- Books on Stage: Seussical Kids: Postponed 6-8 weeks. Check with the website or with firstname.lastname@example.org for class resumption date.
- Motherhood the Musical, May 8-24: Possible move of opening night to May 15.
- Annie Get Your Gun: Student Cast Auditions, April 19: Change of Audition dates to May 9th and 10th.
- GCT Gala: An Evening of All-Stars honoring Brent Davis, April 25: Postponement with a new date to be announced soon.
Germantown Community Theatre will be posting updates on their website (www.gctcomeplay.org) as well as its’ Facebook page. Any donations to offset the loss of revenue from these cancellations would be welcomed and appreciated. The GCT family wishes all of their patrons, artists, and creative partners safety and good health in the weeks to come.
About Germantown Community Theatre: Germantown Community Theatre is a non‐profit 501(c)(3) organization set in an intimate 112‐seat theatre located at 3037 Forest Hill‐Irene Rd. GCT provides both theatrical entertainment and educational opportunities for local families in an environment that nurtures creative expression and artistic growth.